To our patients,
We would like to take a moment of your time to inform you of a few changes we have implemented in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. For now it is mostly business as usual with just a few minor changes to help prevent and minimise the risk of infection within our practice.
We at Earlwood Dental Care, already take infection control very seriously. However in response to this developing international health concern the staff and the practice as a whole are taking every possible precaution for your safety as well as our own.
As health care providers, your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that we are well trained and equipped to maintain a very strict infection control standard. We have always used ADA-mandated cleaning and disinfection protocols for all surfaces in our treatment room.
We use ultrasonic cleaning pressure and heat sterilisation of all non-disposable items and our treatment rooms are cleaned daily by our thoroughly trained staff.
Please see below the following changes we have put into place to further the reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
Additional precautions we have taken
● If you have been overseas within the last 14 days we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment for a minimum of 2 weeks. During this time please adhere to the national policies regarding self-quarantine.
● If you are experiencing; fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore-throar or any other flu-like symptoms we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment for a minimum of two weeks.
● Hourly disinfection of frequently touched surfaces such as but not limited to; door handles, counter-tops, chairs etc.
● We have removed all communal items which are frequently handled in our patient lounge including; Magazines, toothpaste bowl, flyers and kids play toys.
● There are hand sanitizers located throughout the practice, please help yourself to using these before and after your appointment.
● At the beginning of your appointment your temperature will be checked by a contactless thermometer. Should you present with an elevated temperature you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for a minimum of two weeks time.
● Before any procedure begins you will be asked to gargle a small amount of Hydrogen peroxide 1.5% which helps prevent infection.
● We ask that additional family members please wait outside of the practice during this time. Patients with children are obviously excluded but we do ask that if there is another child not booked in that they are left at home with a loved one where possible.
● If you are sick – Please stay home.
● Please cover your nose and mouth when coughing with a tissue or your inner elbow.
● Wash your hands frequently, & Avoid touching your face.
● Maintain safe distances with people.
● Keep yourself informed on the evolving situation.
For more information or any emergency please do not hesitate to contact us on 9559 2930 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any incomplete treatment we urge you to proceed and have these done ASAP as this is a rapidly developing situation and we do not know what further developments may happen in the months ahead. We would hate for any of our patients to have a preventable toothache in the event of a quarantine.
We thank you for your understanding and appreciate your cooperation during this difficult time. Please keep in mind that we have a large elderly population who are at an increased risk with COVID-19 and as a community it is up to all of us to help minimise the spread of this disease.
To stay informed, please check regularly for any updates via our social media streams;
Facebook: Earlwood Dental Care
As mentioned earlier we will continue to keep you and your family’s health and safety as our only priority. We thank you for taking your time in reading this and for your cooperation during this time.
God bless, stay safe, and be kind to one-another.
Dr Eleni and the Earlwood Dental Care team.